Discover the ingredients that make a fantastic workplace
– 5 mins read –
Glassdoor’s annual list of top workplaces, which is the result of anonymous employee reviews, makes for interesting reading. One of a number of workplace rankings, this survey canvassed employees on a number of areas including compensation, benefits, career opportunities, work–life balance and support structures. You can read the list in full here.
Top of the list was Airbnb, followed by Bain & Company, Guidewire, Hubspot and Facebook. Noticeably, common positive traits in the top 10 included a supportive corporate culture, opportunities for development, the opportunity to learn, flexibility and lower levels of micromanaging.
Join one of our webinars to find out more about a coaching leadership style
As an example, Bain & Company was praised for having “an incredibly supportive culture with an incredible focus on learning and mentoring”. Or with Hubspot, a marketing software firm, “the leadership places a heavy emphasis on employee growth across all divisions”. Meanwhile, one Facebook employee writes: “The perks are wonderful, but the professional experience is even better. You are free and expected to guide your own career in a way that makes an impact on your goals. This place is incredibly mission-focused and product-driven. I feel the energy every day working here”.
Interestingly, no banks or financial services companies make the top 50 but the leaders include software companies, healthcare, airlines and management consultancies, as well as some huge multinationals like Chevron, Apple, Costco, GE Aviation and Nike. There is also a second list devoted to SMEs, published here.
What ingredients do you think are essential in tomorrow’s workplace? Email us with your thoughts!
If you enjoyed this article, you may like to read next:
Connect with us:
How can you bring coaching into your organization?
Sir John and his colleagues at Performance Consultants were the first to take coaching into the workplace and coined the term “performance coaching” in the early 1980s. We continue to lead the field in performance improvement through coaching leadership training.
Select one of the options shown. Or get in touch and one of our world-class leadership development consultants will work with you to create a tailored programme that meets your specific needs.
- Attend a Coaching Course – experience the benefits of coaching first hand. See our Global Training Calendar to find the right course for you
- Transformational Leader Pathway – learn how to be a leader–coach with a coaching leadership style that creates a culture of high performance for you, your team and entire organization
- Performance Coach Certification – become a coach or take your coaching skills to the next level so that you can practise transformational leadership coaching
- Individual Coaching (1:1) – take your leadership to the next level with a tailored, fast-track professional development coaching programme
- Team Development – unlock the next level of potential in your team with team coaching