Coaching for Performance, Level 1
|Bucharest||21-22 November 2017||In-person||English||Register|
|London||30 Nov–1 Dec 2017||In-person||English||Register|
|London||1–2 February 2018||In-person||English||Register|
|London||8–9 March 2018||In-person||English||Register|
|Warsaw||15–16 March 2018||In-person||English||Register|
|London||19–20 April 2018||In-person||English||Register|
|London||10–11 May 2018||In-person||English||Register|
|London||7–8 June 2018||In-person||English||Register|
|London||5–6 July 2018||In-person||English||Register|
|London||13–14 September 2018||In-person||English||Register|
|Warsaw||20–21 September 2018||In-person||English||Register|
|London||4–5 October 2018||In-person||English||Register|
|London||8–9 November 2018||In-person||English||Register|
“One of the best facilitated programmes I’ve attended – very good content and empowering support.”
Dan Jacota, Regional Director Eastern Europe, ISS World Services (Denmark)
Programme Syllabus and Content
Coaching for Performance, Level 1 forms the foundation of the Coaching for Performance: Coach Certification Pathway programme. The content is aligned with the International Coach Federation (ICF) core competencies. Over the course of two days you will learn essential coaching skills and behaviours.
- GROW Model;
- The Inner Game;
- awareness & responsibility;
- being & doing of coaching;
- coachee’s agenda;
- powerful questions;
- active listening;
- trust & non-judgement;
- coaching presence;
- emotional intelligence (EQ);
- coaching feedback;
- support & challenge;
- energized meaningful goals;
- goal setting;
- action planning;
- managing progress;
- about coaching in organizations;
- ethics and professional standards.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
You will learn to coach with a participant group of senior-level peers from around the globe and receive support and feedback from experienced coach trainers. At the end of this unique programme you will be equipped with:
- coaching practice;
- valuable coaching skills and behaviours;
- experience of practical, work-related coaching;
- understanding of the GROW Model for goal setting and action planning;
- practice in the use of coaching feedback;
- insight into how to facilitate high performance in individuals and teams;
- realization of your potential to become a coach and an outstanding leader.
“Very professional, practical and inspiring – thank you for the great two days.”
Piotr Jankiewicz, Managing Director, Maximizing Resources (Poland)
Level 1 consists of two in-person training days followed by two coaching supervision calls run by senior qualified coaches. Participants are also provided with coaching practice assignments and a 140-page Coaching Foundations & Skills Manual. At the end of Level 1 you’ll have completed approximately 21 hours of learning and receive a Certificate of Professional Development.
“A fantastic course – great mix of practice and theory. I’m looking forwards to Level 2.”
Becky Judge, Clinical Executive Member, NHS Norfolk (UK)
Please visit the Coaching for Performance: Distance Learning page for the online coach training programme structure.
There are no entry requirements for Level 1.
For those seeking to continue their learning and develop expertise, Coaching for Performance is a three-level coach-training programme including 14 days of face-to-face training:
- Level 1 | Coaching for Performance (Foundation);
- Level 2 | Intermediate Coach Training for Performance and Purpose;
- Level 3 | Advanced Coach Training for Transformational Change.
See Levels 1 & 2 pdf for further information.
“Excellent structure, value for money, engaged coaches and inspiring colleagues. Thank you for making it a safe yet stretching space and teaching me so much. And thank you for guiding me to Level 1 not Level 2 , it was absolutely right.”
Judith Fogarty, Skills Development Lecturer, SWAT UK (UK)
The Coaching for Performance curriculum is aligned with the ICF professional coaching certification process. On attending and successfully completing the course requirements for each level of Coaching for Performance you will receive a Certificate of Professional Development (CDP) noting the hours you have completed. These contribute to the coach-specific training hours required for an ICF Credential and accreditation as a Performance Consultants certified coach:
- Completion of Coaching for Performance Level 1 and Level 2 meets the 60 hours of coach-specific training required to apply for the ICF’s Associate Certified Coach (ACC) via the ACC Portfolio Path.
- If you complete both Levels 1 and 2 on our ICF accredited Coaching for Performance: Coach Certification Pathway, you can apply for ACC certification via the ACC ACSTH Path, benefiting from a faster ICF review timeline and no need for an ICF coaching assessment.
- By going on to complete Level 3, you will meet the 125 hours of coach-specific training required to apply for the Professional Certified Coach (PCC) credential via the PCC Portfolio Path.
- All three levels count towards the 200 hours of coach-specific training required to apply for the Master Certified Coach (MCC) credential.
Coaching for Performance: Coach Certification Pathway is a full coach training programme approved by the ICF (ACSTH approved). It offers a unique opportunity for you to develop authentic and powerful coaching skills that integrate performance and purpose, and gain an internationally recognized business coaching credential that will give you credibility around the world.