Coaching for Lean
Structure: 2 days
– Organizations looking to improve the effectiveness of Lean implementation
– Leaders of Lean implementation looking to increase the effectiveness
– Managers of Lean implementation looking to increase the effectiveness
A Lean Coaching Approach Improves Efficiency and Quality
The core principle of Lean is continuous improvement. This is in perfect alignment with one of coaching’s cornerstones – learning. In Lean, the process for achieving this continuous improvement is through:
- gaining awareness of what is/isn’t working;
- using the individuals and teams within the direct production area as experts; and
- identifying ways to build further on strengths and improves areas of weakness.
Coaching for Lean is a 2-day workshop for leaders and managers of Lean implementation which takes the principles of Awareness & Responsibility, the Inner Game principles of Potential & Interferences, and using a sequence such as GROW, to enable individuals and teams to find and implement their own solutions.
“This programme ensures empathy, heart and purpose is right at the centre of Lean, and gives practitioners a turbo boost to improve performance. By equipping them with coaching skills that perfectly complement what they are already doing, both Lean practitioners and their teams feel more empowered, more engaged and able to do more with less.”
Caroline Healy, Senior HRD Manager, Medtronic, Ireland
A Coaching Style of Management Strengthens Lean Management
Performance Consultants works at the transformational level as opposed to the transactional level in order to create sustainable behavioural change for long-term success. We deliver in-house corporate Lean coaching programmes globally that are tailored to meet the specific needs of our clients.
Case Study – Medtronic, Inc
Integrating a Coaching Approach with Lean Six Sigma Processes
As the world’s premier medical technologies, services and solutions company, Medtronic, Inc implements Lean Six Sigma in its global medical devices manufacturing plants and core financial processes. By applying both Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to a process, Medtronic knows it is running the most optimized and efficient process possible. In 2012, Medtronic asked Performance Consultants to create a Lean coaching programme that would integrate a coaching approach with Lean Six Sigma processes … MORE
The “Wow Factor”
Helping groups of leaders and managers to develop a coaching style of leadership requires specialized facilitation skills and expertise, consolidated by authentic coaching behaviours. Our approach to training is not a traditional classroom training. We call this “Experiential Coach Facilitation”. As the name suggests, the style is highly experiential and practical (versus theoretical), and takes advantage of Accelerated Learning Techniques and Adult Learning Theory.
Lean Coaching Programme Options
- IN-HOUSE: We can deliver training for your organization at multiple venues of your choice, worldwide
- BESPOKE OR OFF THE SHELF: We can tailor a coaching training programme perfectly to fit your organization’s unique requirements and strategic objectives
- MULTI-CULTURAL & MULTI-LINGUAL: Our world-class trainers and materials are available for delivery globally
- TRAIN THE TRAINER (TTT): We can equip your in-house trainers with the necessary knowledge and skills to deliver our training programme
- ONLINE: This can be delivered as an online programme with synchronous (live) online training, asynchronous lessons, coaching demos, exercises and other study aids and mentor coaching
- BLENDED LEARNING: Our e-Learning system is available as a resource and support for our in-house performance improvement programmes
- CERTIFICATION: On completion of the minimum requirements, all participants receive a Certificate of Professional Development (CPD).
Booking and Enquiries
To order an in-house programme or to discuss how we can support the specific training needs of your managers, leaders and organization, please email email@example.com
or call +44 (0)20 7373 6431.