Coaching Training for Leaders and Managers
Coaching for Performance
Leaders and managers are not generally looking to become coaches but they do want to develop a 'coaching management style' to be able to unleash potential in their organization. Coaching for Performance integrated programme (C4P-i) is the industry gold standard executive coaching training for managers and leaders of organizations, with outstanding results.
C4P-i is a three-module blended learning pathway designed specifically to develop a coaching style of management and leadership. Deep learning and long-term behaviour change are supported through a blend of techniques including face-to-face training (six days in total), executive coaching and e-Learning.
“Coaching for Performance is the best training course I have attended in my
16 years with Medtronic.”
Simon Losasso – Sr. Learning and Development Specialist Medtronic Italia S.p.A.
(Performance Consultants partners with Medtronic to deliver coaching training in
Who Will Benefit?
The training offers a unique opportunity to develop authentic and powerful coaching and leadership in organizations which integrates performance and purpose. C4P-i is especially suitable for:
- leaders and managers who want to develop a coaching style of leadership;
- leaders implementing organizational change;
- HR and L&D professionals looking to retain and develop talent or build the coaching capability within their organization.
Coaching for Performance (Foundation)
The first two-day module introduces participants to the principles and practice of performance coaching and enables them to discover the true power of coaching within organizations. They will develop valuable new skills, tools and behaviours that are the basis for creating success in their organization. With an experiential focus on coaching practice and feedback from experienced trainers, the module is tailored to organizational needs and would typically develop the following skills:
- Establishing agreements – Developing stong relationships with direct reports
- Understanding coaching principles and the GROW Model – Introducing a new approach to management
- Establishing trust – Creating a safe, supportive, blame-free and challenging environment through mutual respect and trust
- Active listening – Enhanced, open communication, clarity and partnership
- Powerful questioning – Empowering direct reports
- Asking permission – Partnering and creating ownership for direct reports
- Coaching feedback – Development of direct reports and effective performance management reviews
- Setting goals that energize and motivate – Development of direct reports, performance management and aligning individual purpose and organizational targets
- Setting/reviewing actions – Enhanced performance management
- Creating awareness for current performance and behaviours – Enhanced performance management and empowerment
- Building responsibility for improvements and solutions – Innovation and risk-taking
- Building coaching behaviours that will be sustained – Sustainability and job satisfaction
Coaching for Performance and Purpose (Intermediate)
This second two-day module builds on the first module's foundations by developing and enhancing skills and exploring the change process from a deeper level. Observed practice provides the opportunity to develop more advanced coaching management skills. Skills options for this module include:
- Leadership vision – Strong facilitative leadership
- Transformational management – Effective at communicating and enabling change and inspiring high performance
- Acknowledgement – Increased motivation and commitment in direct reports
- Self-management – Enhanced trust and confidence
- Empowering people – Enhanced performance management
- Coaching feedback – Continuous alignment
- Bottom-lining – Enhanced communication and quicker decision-making
- Accountability – Increased responsibility in direct reports
- Working with limiting mindsets & inner critic – Increased performance from people who are underperforming
- Designing the relationship – Strong relationships with direct reports
- Bringing coaching into work relationships – Fully integrating coaching into your management style
Coaching for Transformational Change (Advanced)
This third two-day module takes the coaching style of management to the level of transformation. Options for this module include exploring inner leadership, self-mastery, authenticity, whole systems transformation, the neuroscience of human change and its application within business, and advanced coaching competencies to help develop transformative leadership and create sustained excellence and maximum performance.
The Wow Factor
Our coach training provides cutting-edge leadership and management development. The style is experiential (not theoretical), highly interactive and takes advantage of accelerated learning techniques. Throughout, the focus is on real-life examples (not role play) and “learning by doing” so that learning is achieved through insightful peer and facilitator feedback. This approach is successful with even the most sceptical or reluctant of participants:
“I led the first pilot in a financial services company for a group of high-level leaders who started the course with a fair bit of scepticism about coaching. Four very nervous L&D people were in the room too because the pilot was an audition that would determine if we rolled out the programme to over 1000 managers worldwide. There was a lot of pressure to get it right! The programme design was so strong and the materials so compelling that we won everyone over.
I think what they appreciated most was the combination of feeling re-inspired as people-managers and learning practical skills that they could use right away. There was one man in the room called Mike who was known to hate all forms of training. He literally came out beaming and became its biggest advocate. They joked about printing a t-shirt that said ‘Even Mike Liked It’!”
Athena Katsaros – Senior Consultant, Performance Consultants
Coach Certification Option
For those who do wish to become coaches or to gain professional coach accreditation, all our programmes are aligned with the International Coach Federation (ICF) and they can connect their training and follow our Coach Certification Pathway which offers the opportunity to develop authentic and powerful coaching skills that integrate performance and purpose, and gain an internationally recognized professional coaching credential that has credibility around the world.
The C4P-i curriculum is aligned with the ICF professional coaching certification process. On attending and successfully completing the course requirements for module of C4P-i, participants will receive a Certificate of Professional Development (CDP) noting the hours they have completed. These contribute to the coach-specific training hours required for a Portfolio application for an ICF Credential.
We work with clients worldwide to tailor coaching programmes as well as equip in-house coach trainers with the necessary knowledge and skills to deliver them. Once your trainers have successfully completed a Train the Trainer programme, they will achieve accreditation as an approved Performance Conusultants coach trainer able to roll out coach-training programmes internally. We partner with you to create a programme that will perfectly fit your needs.
Order an In-house Programme
Looking for an Open-enrolment Programme?
We also deliver open-enrolment performance coaching training globally (see Events and Training Diary). Coaching for Performance is the industry gold standard executive coaching training for leaders, managers and coaches of organizations. Aligned with the ICF certification process, it is a three-level open-enrolment programme specifically designed for executives who want to develop a coaching style of management and coaches who want to develop their executive coaching skills or gain coach certification.